PROFES is the premier forum for practitioners, researchers, and educators to present and discuss experiences, ideas, innovations, as well as concerns related to software process and product quality improvement. Profes 2011 will be the 12th gathering of the Profes community and will take place in Italy.
Traditionally, Profes has provided topics, which are up-to-date, important, and interesting. To ensure that Profes will retain its high standards and that it will keep focusing on the most relevant research issues, the conference is widening its scope to the research areas of process diversity.
The technical program will feature keynote talks, research papers, experience reports on the most relevant topics related to process diversity management. In addition, we will host a number of workshops and tutorials. We will also host a Doctoral Symposium.
The topics of interest in the conference include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Software Development Processes for Managing Diversity (COTS, OSS and SPL Development);
- Process Patterns;
- Estimation and Calibration Techniques for Managing Diversity;
- Agile and Lean Processes
- Systems and Software Quality
- Parametric and Goal Oriented Quality Models
- Project management techniques
- Cloud computing
- Service Orientation
- Service Engineering Processes
- Software Process Improvement (SPI) for Quality Products and Services in Changing Environments;
- SPI in Different Areas and Contexts
- Challenges in Managing Product and Process Diversity in the Global Markets
- Evidence-Based Software Engineering
- Empirical Studies
- Industrial Experiences and Case Studies
- Process Modelling, Management and Assessment in different or changing environments;
- Flexible Software Business Models
SPECIAL THEME: Managing Process Diversity
Nowadays the challenges in the software sector share a common issue: the Diversity factor. It is a concept that impacts on several software dimensions such as, process, product, quality, customer needs and expectations, just to mention a few.
The scientific and industrial communities have been facing this issue from several points of view that range from strategic and business level, to operative and technical ones. Coherently, in the last years, many approaches and techniques have been proposed to manage diversity: experience bases for collecting and sharing knowledge and experiences; software development processes able to rearrange common assets in diverse products; process patterns as an instrument for filling the gap between process definition and the amount of customizations needed; estimation and calibration techniques that deal with the different processes in use; parametric and goal oriented quality models; project management techniques able to fulfil the project goals in spite of project characteristics; cloud computing and service orientation for managing hardware and software platforms diversity. All these innovations are providing exciting opportunities to make significant progress in understanding and facing real-world challenges.
- Torre Canne
EventList powered by schlu.net